Indian Ocean Study Center (IOSC)
To act as a focal point to study and analyze the global and regional environment pertaining to the Geo-Strategy, Geo-Politics Geo-Economics, and Maritime Security of the Indian Ocean Region and beyond with a view to advance maritime interests of Pakistan.
a. Geo-Strategic dynamics of IOR.
b. Geo-Political dynamics of IOR.
c. Geo-Economics dynamics of IOR
2. Maritime security challenges, compulsions, and interests of Pakistan including:
a. Maritime issues of littoral countries.
b. Safety of the choke points.
c. Freedom of Navigation.
d. Piracy and Counter-Piracy
e. Harassment of Ships.
f. Drugs running & human trafficking.
3. Various alliance/cooperation’s / associations like AUKUS / QUAD (Quadrilateral Security Dialogue) and other groupings (IORA, IONS & WPNS, etc.) in the Indo Pacific Region and their impact on Pakistan.
4. India’s maritime interests viz – a- viz Pakistan.
5. Military bases of the major stakeholders in the Indian Ocean and their Geo-Strategic interests.
6. Strength and disposition of navies of important countries in the IOR.
7. Any other maritime security-related issue in the Indian Ocean.
© Copyright 2021 NIMA. All Rights Reserved